I wasn’t sure whether this post was a bit premature but you can’t be too prepared so…
Last year I made a flow chart of things I was hoping to achieve in the near future. Without even trying, I actually managed to do quite a few of them! So I am going to try again this year. Some of my 2018 goals are short term and simple whereas others are looking further into the future. I’m sharing them to document it for myself (& I feel like if people know about my plans then I am more responsible for making sure they happen). I also wanted to share this with you because I hope it inspires you to create some goals that can motivate and inspire you to live life to the fullest in 2018!
- I have done 8 weeks work experience at ITV.
- I have moved to London on my own, fulfilling my dream of living in the city.
- I have recently started a job with a huge film and TV production company
- I started this blog where I have found some real interests and hobbies.
- I have earnt money to go travelling with my big brother.
The only thing left on my list is to get my very own pup! But that feels unlikely at the moment, so I think I’m just going to have to stick to Borrow My Doggy for now.
- I really want to get back into reading in 2018. 6 months ago I would literally go through a book in a couple of days but now, I’m always so tired I just want to watch Parks and Rec and fall asleep. I’m setting a goal for myself to read 2 books a month and every 1st of the month, I will write a blog post on my favourite one!
- At work, we are given a £200 allowance to spend on personal growth. A few of the other guys were telling me what they did with theirs; some had personal training sessions, one learnt Japanese and another learnt how to knit! It made me wonder what I could do to improve my skills. After a bit of research, I found a really great creative writing/children’s story book course. In the new year I hope to have time to do this because I think it could really help my blog writing skills and eventually, could help me in children’s TV.
Health & Fitness
- One thing I recently realised was that despite making my dreams a reality, I do need to focus on the basics too. For example, I have been so busy with my new job and settling into my home that I didn’t realise that I have completely neglected my health. I never have time for breakfast and for dinner I almost always grab a meal deal on the way home. This is such a generic goal but in the new year, I am going to make time for the gym again; I loved going when I lived at home as it really helped my mental health. I’m also going to try to have a day dedicated to prepping proper meals – perhaps even be more serious about practising veganism.
Create a YouTube Channel
- For the past few months I have been piecing together my idea for a YouTube channel which I hope to have created by the end of 2018. I’m not going to go into too much detail now but I will let you know when I make some progress!
If you take a look at my first ever post you would probably think it was a completely different girl writing. Over the past 8 months I have really grown as a person. A year ago I could never have dreamt of being where I am now. Here’s to 2018.
Things will get better.
Hugs and wishes,
If you’re interested in the other things I’m getting up to follow me on Instagram.
Or take a look at my previous Blogmas posts.