Last year I achieved lots of external goals; I moved out, travelled and got a proper job but despite this, I still haven’t – yes it sounds cliché – found myself. In terms of understanding and loving myself, I’m not quite there, so I have decided 2018 is going to be my year for internal goals.
I feel as though the majority of us go through the year expecting big changes and big achievements, but self-development doesn’t have to mean losing 2 stone or moving across the world, it can be as simple as getting up in the morning without hesitation (ironically this would be a huge achievement for me).
I’ve written a list of things that I am going to try to do this year in order to better myself, they’re not resolutions, just healthy habits that can help to positively affect us all!
- Begin learning something new – learning is exciting and can help you to find enjoyment in things you might not have thought you would.
- Always have a fresh manicure – trivial and perhaps a little extra, but keeping fresh and clean always makes you feel flawless!
- Buy coffee for a stranger – although I do believe in selfish acts of kindness, that doesn’t mean it’s bad. By buying something for someone in need, you’re helping them whilst also allowing yourself to feel like you are here for a reason.
- Keep track of your finances – there is nothing worse than worrying about money, but also it can be pretty rough to put yourself on a strict budget. Just keep an eye on your spending habits so you know you can afford to do delightful things.
- Wear what you want! – live life like the party that it is, every day is an excuse to dress up. Wear things that make you feel happy, confident and ready to take on the world.
- Avoid procrastinating – I’m the worst at this one, but the less time you spend dwelling on doing something, the more time you’ll have to feel fulfilled once you have done it.
- Have a good chat with a family member at least once a week – life can get a bit hectic but always make time for the important people in your life.
- Nurture your relationships – I am particularly bad at creating and maintaining relationships with people which seems selfish and arrogant. But understand that some people struggle more than other and good things take time!
- Take your vitamins – a simple vitamin D tablet can do the world of good.
- Buy fresh flowers – it’s pretty much impossible to avoid technology but still make time to appreciate nature!
- Have a signature scent – find a perfume that as soon as you put on, you feel ready to take on anyone and anything.
- Manage your time wisely – by being in a rush, you are far more susceptible to anxiety. Always make sure you are organised and on time, no matter what the occasion.
- Wear floaty clothes and fabrics – the only way to look like a Princess is to feel like one. Treat yourself to cashmere and silk every now and again.
- Value a good nights sleep – make sure you get enough sleep but don’t follow the ‘nap queen’ trend! It may seem like a good idea but there is a wonderful world out there! Enjoy it!
In the words of Ron Swanson – don’t try too hard. Sometimes we focus ourselves so much on one thing that we forget the bigger picture. Let things come naturally and you’ll do great.
Hugs and wishes,
Follow me: Instagram